1.5 Units in Professional Skills
Leading, planning and managing large and complex cases - with enthusiasm!
Presented by Felicity Gerry QC, Crockett Chambers, Melbourne, Libertas Chambers, Melbourne and Deakin University. Listed in Doyle’s Guide and described in the Legal 500 as follows: ‘Felicity thinks outside the box and is not afraid to push the envelope…She is a true inspiration to junior lawyers. She is a leader in her field. Clients feel she will fight their corner at every stage of a case.’
Chair: Jennifer Stefanac - Barrister and Solicitor
Drawing on experience in international litigation and complex domestic trials and appeals, this CPD provides top tips for effective case leadership, management, and strategic planning, including professional development for all the people in the team.
- Tools, templates, technology and taking responsibility
- The power of the list: Finding ways to be efficient, organised and precise.
- The X factor: Retaining and attracting clients.
- The damn opposition: Surviving the hurdles and the weasels.
- The importance of creativity: Lateral but realistic thinking.
- The purposes of the project: Strategic planning, delegating and researching.
- The value of the team members: Creating and making opportunities for others.
- The reflection: Acknowledging triumphs, owning disasters and making the ‘out of office’ work.
What promises to be a lively session with stories of huge drop-boxes, fabulous co-counsel, brilliant interns, zoom filters and “OH YOU WERE IN THAT CASE”… and how it’s OK for 15 hours of preparation to become 15 minutes of presentation.