3.5 Units in Professional Skills
Presenter: Jonathan Robinson M.A., M.F.T.
Speaking and Writing For Impact:
How to Wow People for Greater Career Success
In this course, you'll learn why being an effective speaker and writer is a major advantage in becoming successful in your career. When it comes to speaking, you'll learn how to organize a good speech, how to present it well, and how to use your new-found ability to get more clients, win cases, and/or get a promotion. In addition, you'll learn how to overcome your nervousness, and how to overcome stress in less than a minute. When it comes to writing, you'll learn how to write clearly, overcome writer's block, and write emails and information for clients that create maximum impact.
* Know why pubic speaking and writing is so important to career success
* Know how to write a speech that informs and entertains
* Know how to present a speech in a way that wows your audience
* Know how to use your abilities to rapidly expand your career
- Overcoming the common obstacles to public speaking: fear of rejection/ failure
- Techniques to be more relaxed before, during, and after a talk
- Creating the content of the talk: What are the concerns of your audience?
- How to deliver a talk effectively and how to write clearly and succinctly
- The use of humor, props, and your special talent
- The power of stories, and how to construct effective stories that persuade
- Memorization of your talk using the key word system