3 CPD units in Professional Skills
Mastering the One Minute Relationship: How to Immediately Build Rapport and Trust So You Can Create More Business
Presenter; Jonathan Robinson M.A., M.F.T.
Jonathan Robinson is a psychotherapist, best-selling author of 12 books, and a professional speaker from Northern California. He has reached over 100 million people around the world with his practical methods, and his work has been translated into 47 languages. Mr. Robinson has made numerous appearances on the Oprah show, as well as many other national TV talk shows, and articles about him have appeared in USA Today, Newsweek and The Los Angeles Times. He has spoken to dozens of Fortune 500 companies, including Apple, Microsoft, Google, Bank of America and FedEx. In his public talks and seminars, Jonathan is known for providing people with immediately useful information in a fun and entertaining manner.
You only have one chance to make a good first impression. In the fast paced world we live in, being able to create immediate rapport and a sense of trust with people is more important than ever. Fortunately, this is an easily learnable skill that can serve you in both business and in life. People who can master the one minute relationship end up making more money, being better liked, and enjoying their clients more.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Create and maintain more business.
- Get over the fear of rejection and not knowing what to say.
- Learn the nine keys to making a great first impression and gaining others’ trust
- Feel confident and at ease with clients, thereby leading a more fulfilling time at work
1. Why people behave as they do, and how you can effectively motivate anyone
- How to judge if your communication is effective in motivating someone
- How to get someone to really hear you
- How to communicate so that someone will happily do what you want
2. How to create trust and get people to like working with you
- The 3 most important keys for getting someone to feel rapport with you
- Why rapport is so important, and how to use it to profit in your work
- How to quickly solve problems with people once you have their rapport
3. How to Handle Difficult People
- Why some people are difficult to deal with, and what you can do about it
- How you can turn a difficult employee or customer into a powerful asset
- How to easily solve problems with people who are upset at you
4. Secret Techniques that super-successful communicators use
- How Michael Eisner went from the mail room to the board room in 10 short
years at Disney
- How Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton are similar, and how you can tap into
their "magic abilities."
- The three most important keys all successful communicators use