1 CPD Unit in Practice Management/ Business Skills
This Session is Complimentary for LSSA Members
Presenter: Dr. Tom Nehmy of preventative mental health company Healthy Minds
Chair: Toni Vozzo - Johnson Winter and Slattery
This webinar is designed to provide practical strategies to deal with current stressors and challenges – including global conditions that affect the workforce, such as the coronavirus / COVID-19.
Participants will learn:
• Whether life is “smooth sailing” or difficult, there are 6 wellbeing factors that we can influence.
• It is not simply the events of our life that determine how we feel, it is also how we think about, and interpret those events. We will discuss the importance of not under-estimating, nor over-estimating risk, but thinking in ways that are balanced, helpful and realistic.
• A lesson from research with military personnel on how self-compassion predicts mental health outcomes in the face of major stressors, and how to apply self-compassion.
• The concepts of ‘psychological flexibility’, ‘willingness’, and ‘optimalism’ as 3 keys to coping with difficult times.
• How focusing on our values and utilising our strengths in whichever way we can, aids us in being resilient in the face of challenges.
• How relationships and “connectedness” are protective against significant life stressors, including managing family pressures, and how to maintain these even in isolation.
• The most accessible ways to manage stress in the short and long-term.