2 CPD Units in Professional Skills
Date: Thursday 30 July 20020
Time: 10.00am – 12.00pm
Presenter: Allan Swan - Estate Planning Equation – Preventative Law
Will and Special Purpose Testamentary Trust Drafting
- Fixed life interests & capital reserved trusts
- CGT – specific v present entitlement
- Income tax – deceased estates, life interests & other testamentary trusts
- Capital gains tax
- Vulnerable adult family members & means tested pension eligibility
- Special disability trusts
Materials will include an example of Will creating executor controlled testamentary trusts and a PowerPoint presentation.
About the Presenter:
Allan Swan works with private clients and their accountants, financial advisors and legal practitioners relating to the legal aspects of the following areas of Preventative Law:
- Asset Protection
- Deceased Estate Taxation
- Dispute Prevention
- Estate Planning
- Preventative Law Strategy
- Special Disability & Protective Trusts
- Tax Considerations
- Testamentary & Family Trusts
Allan also provides practitioner training and speaking services in the above areas, is an adjunct lecturer in the College of Law’s applied law master’s program, an instructor for the Leo Cussen Centre for Law, the Law Institute of Victoria, CPA Australia and other professional bodies. Allan is accredited as a STEP Trust and Estate Practitioner.
Allan holds degrees in Law and Economics and a Graduate Diploma in Financial Services.